Saturday 24 August 2013

Wires, 3D and much more.

My first time working with wires. our 3D fundamentals module requires us to make a 3D template with wire. The wire may look easy to work with, but in actual case it is one of the hardest thing I ever did. Thick wire provides support but lacks malleability, while soft wire possesses excellent malleability but lack strength. At first it would seems that going with thick wire is a better option since it provides support, stability and looks easy to bend. Needless to say, I only bought the hard wire. Everything seems to worked out perfectly until when I need to bend the wire for tying, all that qualities of the hard wire are used against me! In the end I had to buy a coil of soft wire to compensate for the lack of malleability of the hard wire. Due to the shortage of time my sculpture of a pre-historic shark did not turned out the way it should, sadly. I am pretty sure that with ample time I would have gotten A+ for the grading.



As creative individuals we are always encouraged to be creative and I did. With the amount of wire left unused, I thought it would be cool to restring my guitar with the wire. It does not look possible at first but you never know until you try. Although it is not playable, I am still surprised that it is able to produce sound. After 2 years of not touching my guitar, I gave it a new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment