Wednesday 7 August 2013

Noise SG

Noise Singapore 2013 Showcase Exhibition
Congratulations to one of my buddy Kelvin, for having his artwork featured at the Noise Singapore 2013 Showcase Exhibition. The artwork titled ''My Great Grandma'' was done a year ago prior to the showcase. He definitely has some of the best graphite realism works on this island. Most realism artists either work with charcoal or a mix of both graphite and charcoal. The reason is because by using only graphite pencils/powder ,we cannot achieve certain dark shades, graphite compound also reflects light, making the surface shiny. Therefore, the difficulty of this artwork increased. There are few other works that is also equally appealing at the showcase, but only a very few can be described as expressive.

This was the first drawing I saw which was done by Kelvin. Even looking at it now it still seems unbelievable to me. The details of the splashing water were rendered perfectly. At first glance many would thought of this as a photo in black and white, or at least that is what I thought. It was at then I got influenced to start drawing, despite the fact that I did not have any art background. This very drawing also introduced me to photo realistic art. It is meaningful to me so I took a photo of this piece of work. What might have changed you to who you are now?

No comments:

Post a Comment